The world’s first children’s museum is looking for extraordinary professionals to join our team. Information on how to apply is enclosed in each job description.
Current Employment Opportunities:
- No current openings
Brooklyn Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
Volunteer & Internships
Brooklyn Children’s Museum is currently looking for volunteers! Join us for a rewarding experience at the world’s first children’s museum. We are seeking creative and energetic individuals to join our Volunteering Program and high school Teens to join our Teen Council, which is a paid internship program. Currently we are seeking volunteers in our Visitor Services Department, Membership Department, Special Events, Education Department, Office/ Data Entry. Learn more about the Teen Council here.
All volunteer shifts are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Current Open Volunteer Positions:
- Office/Data Entry Volunteer Job Description
- Membership Volunteer Job Description
- Garden & Greenhouse Volunteer Job Description
- Totally Tots Volunteer Job Description
- Sensory Room Volunteer Job Description
- Visitor Services Volunteer Job Description
- Special Events Volunteer Job Description
How to Apply
Fill out the volunteer application form and email, fax, or mail it to our Volunteer Coordinator.
All interested volunteers must have a completed application and background check. Volunteers must also come in for an interview with the volunteer coordinator. Once you are scheduled to be part of our Volunteering Program, you would need to attend a General Orientation and Visitor Services Training.
- Varies by position and availability
Benefits of Volunteering at Brooklyn Children’s Museum
- Gain practical experience within the fields of museum along with access to museum educators who top of their field.
- Receive a 5% discount on all purchases from the Museum’s “Kids Shop” and a 5% discount on all purchases at BCM’s Café
- Free guest passes to Brooklyn Children’s Museum
- Free admission to other cultural organizations in NYC
- Discounted tickets for BCM special events
Brooklyn Children’s Museum internships offer a great and creative way of learning for future career options. Most internships can be tailored into projects for students or focused resume builders for recent grads.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Phone: (718) 735-4400 Ext. 151
Fax: (718) 604-7442
Brooklyn Children’s Museum publishes all of its Requests for Proposals for contract-based work. Examples of contracts include building trades, Information/Technology Support, and business services.