Join our After School Program
- Registration starts on Monday September 13th 2021 and closes on Friday September 24th 2021.
- For our first week of registration, we will be accepting ONLINE applications ONLY. Online applications can be accessed at https://discoverdycd.dycdconnect.nyc/program-public. If you need help navigating DYCD’s website, please refer to our Startup Guide.
- Paper applications will be made available on Monday September 20th 2021 at the School Safety Desk by the front entrance of PS 189.
- This school year we will be offering 80 slots for Grades K-5.
- BCM After School operates IN-PERSON at PS 189 from 2:30pm to 5:45pm Monday through Friday. The start date of the program is Monday, September 27, 2021.
ZOOM INFORMATION SESSIONS
We will be offering Information Sessions remotely via Zoom on the following dates:
- Wednesday, September 15, 7:00pm-7:30pm
- Thursday, September 16, 7:00pm-7:30pm
- Friday, September 17, 7:00pm-7:30pm
- Saturday, September 18, 12:00pm-12:30pm
Login information for these meetings can be found below:
Meeting ID: 448 267 5215
A completed health form stamped by a doctor can be submitted AFTER you have received confirmation that your child has been accepted into the program.
Admission to the program is determined by a lottery, which gives preference to families that attend our parent orientation and to siblings of selected applicants.
Contact After School Program Manager Kwame Brandt-Pierce with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write “BCM After School” in the subject of the email).
Brooklyn Children’s Museum’s After School program is supported by the Department of Youth and Community Development of the City of New York; the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the New York City Council and Council Member Alicka Ampry-Samuel.