Brooklyn Children's Museum’s Museum Team Summer Camp is a free, seven-week long program that serves elementary students. This interdisciplinary program has offered unique learning opportunities for over 25 years.
Children in BCM’s daily K–5 program explore arts, culture, and STEM themes guided by our exceptional Museum Educators. Hands-on lessons employ objects from BCM's collection of over 30,000 cultural objects and natural science specimen.
about museum team summer camp
WHO: Children entering grades 1 through 6 (children entering 1st grade must celebrate their 6th birthday by July 5, 2016).
WHERE: PS 189, 1100 East New York Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212 (Children who do not attend PS 189 are still eligible to participate in BCM's Summer Camp)
WHEN: July 5 to August 19, Monday to Friday, 8:20am to 5:45pm. (Program will not be held on Tuesday, July 6 in observance of Eid-al-Fitr)
HOW TO APPLY
Enrollment for the 80 summer camp slots will be done by lottery. Applications will be selected based on a lottery and not on a first come, first served basis. Parents or guardians must submit completed applications, available below, by Monday, May 2, 2016 to be included in the lottery. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Sibling preference will be given to the sibling(s) of a selected applicant.
To apply for the lottery, you must provide:
- Completed DYCD Application (available in Application Materials)
- Signed parent/guardian participation agreement (available in Application Materials)
- Current health examination form signed by a doctor (available in Application Materials)
- Copy of the child(ren)s birth certificate
Completed applications may be returned to either:
- Brooklyn Children's Museum Front Desk, 145 Brooklyn Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11213
- Main Office at PS 189, 1100 East New York Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212, ATTN: Uscis Douglass
need more information?
Attend an information session:
- Thursday, April 7, 5pm at Brooklyn Children's Museum, 145 Brooklyn Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11213
- Monday, April 11, 5pm at P.S. 189, 1100 East New York Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212
For more information, please contact Kwame Brandt-Pierce at email@example.com or (718) 735-4400 x189.
Brooklyn Children's Museum Museum Team After School is supported by the Department of Youth and Community Development of the City of New York, and the New York City Council.