Summer Camp at P.S. 189 coming soon!
Brooklyn Children’s Museum (BCM) summer camp application submissions has now closed. Please visit this page in Mid July for 2017-2018 After School applications!
Brooklyn Children’s Museum offers a free summer camp at P. S. 189 The Bilingual School for rising 1st through 5th graders.
During the summer campers will enjoy STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math)–focused activities and take field trips to Brooklyn Children’s Museum and other cultural institutions across the city.
Breakfast and lunch are provided to all campers at no additional charge. Campers also receive a camp t-shirt.
Location: P.S. 189 located at 1100 East New York Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212.
Camp dates: July 5 – August 18, 2017
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:45pm
This opportunity is available to children entering Grades 1- 6 in the 2017-2018 academic year. Children entering first grade must celebrate their 6th birthday by July 5, 2017.
Pick up an application and health form for each applicant at one of the following locations:
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum’s admissions desk. Hours: Tuesday-Sunday, 10:00am – 5:00pm
- PS. 189 – Main Office. Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:45pm
Parents/guardians must submit the following for each child applying to the program:
- a completed DYCD application (even if the child has already participated in any of the Museum’s after school or summer programs)
- a signed parent/guardian participation agreement
- a current health examination form stamped by a doctor even if the child has already participated in any of the Museum’s after school or summer programs
- a copy of the child’s birth certificate
Completed applications should be returned to Brooklyn Children’s Museum’s admissions desk or Uscis Douglass in the Main Office at P.S. 189. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Admission to the program is determined by a lottery, which gives preference to families that attend a parent orientation and to siblings of selected applicants.
Parent info sessions will be held at the Museum from 12pm-1pm on the following dates:
- Saturday, January 21
- Saturday, February 18
- Saturday, March 18
- Accepting applications – Monday, January 16 – Friday, March 17, 2017
- Parent Info Sessions: January 21; February 18; March 18 from 12pm to 1pm
- Placement notifications sent – First week in May
- Program dates: July 5th – August 18th, 2017
This program is made possible with generous support from the Department of Youth and Community Development.